There’s no denying the fact that your online business could benefit from a staunch landing page builder, but with the deluge of software available these days, the process of pinpointing the ideal landing page builder, which offers you the most bang for your buck can be quite challenging.
In this article, we’re going to put two of the most prominent digital marketing solutions under the microscope: Unbounce and ClickFunnels. Both are tools that many online entrepreneurs use to build converting pages. Which tool is better? This Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels post will reveal.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Short Answer
Despite being around for longer, Unbounce completely falls short in the face of ClickFunnels. It’s a superb solution for PPC marketers, don’t get us wrong, but it’s ridiculously priced compared to ClickFunnels, which happens to offer much more functionality and features.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Comparison Table
|Unbounce helps you convert cold visitors into leads and sales with the aid of landing pages.||ClickFunnels is an all-in-one solution that can help you produce funnels and landing pages.|
|Offers a two-week free trial periodNumerous customization options Unlimited domains on all packagesIntegrates with a host of servicesCreates super-fast mobile pages||Offers a two-week free trial periodVisual drag-and-drop page builderNumerous pre-designed templatesOnboard split testing functionalityIntegrates with numerous services|
|Not a budget-friendly page builderSupport is limited by business hours||Priced very similarly to UnbounceCustomer support isn’t that reliable|
Overview of Unbounce
Unbounce is a seasoned lancing page builder that was launched back in 2009, making it around five years older than ClickFunnels. Unbounce does an outstanding job of creating landing pages that are highly optimized for conversion, allowing you to garner and convert leads with ease.
Aside from creating landing pages, you can use Unbounce to build simple elements like popups and sticky bars. You’re not required to have any form of knowledge in coding or design to utilize Unbounce, as it’s equipped with a drag-and-drop editor that simplifies the process significantly.
Unbounce doesn’t place a lot of emphasis on sales funnels like ClickFunnels does. It’s merely a landing page builder that helps you build single pages that are geared towards conversion. This platform allows you to customize every single element on your landing page to your liking.
While ClickFunnels is geared towards expert marketers who are looking for an all-inclusive tool that can help them to devise a complete marketing plan with its impressive features, Unbounce is more suited for PPC marketers who are looking for a tool that can make their job easier.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Unbounce’s drag-and-drop editor enables you to build and also customize landing pages easily and quickly. It even allows you to alter the dimensions of the landing page so that every element included in the page fits the way you want it to.
- Landing Page Templates: Unbounce allows you to pick from various conversion-based page templates. There are over 85 conversion-focused templates to pick from. To add, it offers dozens of highly customizable templates that you can modify to your liking.
- Real-Time Data Reporting: Like ClickFunnels, Unbounce flaunts an analytics function that enables you to keep track of the performance of your landing pages from within the tool’s dashboard. You can also integrate with Google Analytics for extra functionality.
- Form Builder: With Unbounce’s advanced form builder, you’ll be able to build one-step and two-step forms with ease. From opt-in forms to checkout forms, you can do it all. It’s also equipped with other elements such as radio buttons, hidden fields, and checkboxes.
- Opt-In Targeting: Unbounce features a number of targeting options that will help boost your conversions significantly. For instance, you can choose to display popups whenever a user arrives, leaves, or scrolls past specific areas on your landing pages, and more.
- A/B Split Testing Function: Like with ClickFunnels, Unbounce enables you to split-test different aspects of your landing pages, from the copy and CTA to the images and forms that are included. This helps ensure you reach the highest possible rate of conversions.
- Various Integrations: Unbounce can integrate with just about any service you need to ensure ideal functionality. Unbounce boasts Zapier, enabling you to implement any type of automation you need. It also boasts WebHooks, in case Zapier isn’t enough for you.
- Dynamic Text Replacement: This function allows you to alter the text on your landing page to match various sources, including PPC campaigns, keyword parameters, and a lot more. This function relies on the use of external variables in the page’s URL.
- Sticky Bars and Popups: Using Unbounce, you can attach sticky bars and popups that promote your CTA on your pages. You can alter when and who to display them to as well as the design use case of each sticky bar and popup. You’re completely in control.
Overview of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is a platform that needs no introduction. It’s an all-in-one online marketing solution that’s capable of forging effective sales funnels and landing pages in no time. The software was launched back in 2014 by Russell Brunson as a means of simplifying the creation of funnels.
ClickFunnels, similarly to Unbounce, uses a drag-and-drop builder in order to make the process of creating sales funnels and landing pages easy. The process is as simple as dragging a bunch of elements from the editor’s dashboard and dropping them onto the funnel you’re working on.
Unlike Unbounce, ClickFunnels is capable of creating membership sites, allowing you to earn a respectable recurring income. Not only that, but it’s also capable of managing affiliates, so you’ll be able to recruit affiliates to promote your products. It can also create upsells and downsells.
Like we’ve already mentioned, ClickFunnels is an all-inclusive digital marketing platform, it’s not just a landing page builder. In other words, with the aid of this platform and a bit of knowledge in the field of digital marketing, you’ll be able to devise a lucrative digital marketing plan with ease.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: ClickFunnels’ drag-and-drop builder spares you from having to learn coding and web design. It allows you to construct landing pages and high-yielding sales funnels from scratch in no time and without any coding or design experience.
- Pre-Made Templates: Equipped with an extensive host of free and premium templates, ClickFunnels enables you to build entire sales funnels by selecting a template that meets your business requirements. Most of the templates are optimized for high conversion.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: By subscribing to ClickFunnels’ top-tier package, you’re granted access to its in-house email marketing service, Actionetics, which allows you to interact directly with your leads without the need to resort to a third-party provider.
- Backpack Affiliate Program: ClickFunnels also allows you to create and manage your own affiliate marketing program without wasting money on third-party services. This is a feature that’s only available in ClickFunnels’ top-tier plan, ClickFunnels Platinum.
- Integrated eCommerce: While it’s not a full-fledged e-commerce software like Shopify, ClickFunnels’ host of integrations allows you to manage an entire e-commerce operation under its roof. It offers everything from payment gateways to shipping services.
- Membership Sites: Are you looking for a way to earn a recurring income? ClickFunnels enables you to create membership sites with ease. This allows you to promote exclusive content and have visitors sign up for your membership sites in order to gain access to it.
- A/B Split Testing: With the aid of ClickFunnels’ A/B split-testing function, you’ll be able to split test virtually all elements in your sales funnels. The function offers you numerous variants to pick from. Simply pick the one that helps you garner higher conversion.
- Onboard Analytics: This function enables you to keep track of the performance of your sales funnels and landing pages. It does a brilliant job of revealing useful information like the number of views your page has, the number of conversions, and even user behavior.
- Numerous Integrations: When it comes to integrations, ClickFunnels is unbeatable! It allows you to integrate with a broad range of services, including email providers such as MailChimp and AWeber, content management systems like WordPress, and more.
- Webinar Funnels: ClickFunnels enables you to host live or pre-recorded webinars with ease. It doesn’t have in-house video hosting, though. It relies on video-hosting platforms. Nevertheless, ClickFunnels’ webinar funnels are quite satisfactory and high-yielding.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Pricing
Unbounce, just like ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial period, so you can always try before you buy. As far as pricing, Unbounce offers three distinct pricing plans: Essential, Premium, and Enterprise. All can be priced monthly or annually, with the annual option giving you 20% off.
The first pricing plan, the Essential plan, costs $99/month, which is very close to ClickFunnels’ Basic plan. This plan allows you to create 75 landing pages, add 8 sticky bars and popups, and attract up to 500,000 visitors per month. This plan is perfect for beginner PPC marketers.
The second pricing package is the Premium plan costs $199/month. It allows you to create up to 150 landing pages, utilize 16 sticky bars and popups, and garner up to 500,000 visitors each month. Further, the Premium plan enables you to create up to 5 different client sub-accounts.
The third and final Unbounce pricing plan is the Enterprise package, which costs $499/month. The plan allows you to create 375 landing pages, make use of up to 40 sticky bars and popups, and garner up to 500,000 visitors per month. You also get to create 15 client sub-accounts.
Compared to ClickFunnels’ pricing, Unbounce is just ridiculously priced, considering it’s merely a landing page builder. What’s more, the fact that its top-tier plans have limits on how many pages you can build and how many visitors you can attract is quite a bummer considering their cost.
ClickFunnels has two pricing plans that you can select from after finishing the 14-day free trial. The first pricing plan is ClickFunnels Basic, which costs $97/month. This plan enables you to build 100 web pages and 20 sales funnels, as well as garner up to 20,000 visitors/month.
The second pricing package is ClickFunnels Platinum, which is the platform’s top-tier pricing plan, and it costs $297/month. This package grants you access to all of the features offered by the Basic plan, in addition to some premium features, including Actionetic and Backpack.
The number of sales funnels and landing pages that you can establish with the Platinum plan is unlimited. Also, you can attract as many visitors as you want per month. This is vital considering the fact that ClickFunnels’ top-tier plan costs about half of what Unbounce’s top-tier plan costs.
The ClickFunnels Platinum plan grants you access to Actionetics, which is the platform’s email marketing service, so you won’t need to spend money on a third-party provider like AWeber or MailChimp. Such a feature isn’t present in any of Unbounce’s pricing packages.
Further, the Platinum plan grants you access to the Backpack affiliate program, allowing you to set up your very own affiliate marketing program, which is right up your alley if you’re an agency or an expert marketer. This feature is nowhere to be found in any of Unbounce’s pricing plans.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Templates
ClickFunnels features over 100 templates and themes, 20 of which are available for use in the Basic plan. Some of the templates are free, whereas others come at a price. Also, some of the templates are internally designed, whereas other templates are designed by third parties.
ClickFunnels has a pretty neat function that allows you to filter through its host of templates by type. This allows you to get to industry-specific templates with ease. Each category features a superb selection of templates that you can customize and modify to meet your requirements.
Some of the funnel templates that you’ll find on ClickFunnels include sales page funnels, event funnels, webinar funnels, lead capture funnels, product release funnels, and more. All you have to do is pick the type that meets your needs, and everything will be set up automatically for you.
Unbounce also features a selection of over 100 templates for conversion-based landing pages. You’re guaranteed to find a template that meets your every need. Also, every template can be customized to meet the requirements of your business. You can even design one from scratch.
Similar to ClickFunnels, Unbounce offers free and premium templates. The premium ones can be accessed when you’re subscribed to the Premium package. At the end of the day, we’d opt for ClickFunnels, as it’s capable of creating both landing pages and sales funnels.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Split Testing
Both platforms feature an A/B split testing functionality. ClickFunnels’ functionality allows you to optimize your sales funnels for high conversion by split-testing all the elements within the funnel. The functionality offers different variants of the same page so that you can pick the best option.
Unbounce also enables you to split-test various elements within your landing pages to figure out which design ensures higher conversion and better aesthetics appeal. There’s nothing negative we can say about either platform in the split-testing category, so we’ll just call it a draw.
As far as analytics, both platforms allow you to keep track of the performance of your project, be it a sales funnel or landing page, depending on the platform you’re utilizing. In addition, you can integrate either one with Google Analytics to receive a more in-depth analysis of your project.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Integrations
When it comes to API integrations, ClickFunnels is an outstanding platform. Even though it has its own in-house email marketing service, which is Actionetics, it allows you to integrate with an array of email marketing providers, including AWeber, MailChimp, GetResponse, and more.
Further, ClickFunnels enables you to integrate with a selection of payment processors, including Stripe, PayPal, and more. Not only that, but you can also integrate with ShipStation to handle all of your packaging and shipping purposes so you can invest your time in other projects.
Unbounce also is capable of integrating with just about any service available. Even if the service you’re trying to integrate with isn’t supported directly, you can integrate with it by using Zapier or WebHooks. It’s worth mentioning that ClickFunnels can integrate with the aid of Zapier as well.
Unbounce vs. ClickFunnels: Support
ClickFunnels offers four support channels. The first one is the Support Team Chats channel. It’s pretty much an online support desk that will answer all the questions you have. It’s quite reliable when it comes to basic questions. Not so great when things start to get too complicated.
The second channel is Support Docs, which, as you may have guessed, is an online section that contains documentation as well as tutorial videos that you can access. Both the documents and videos do an excellent job of walking you through all the ins and outs of ClickFunnels.
Speaking of tutorial videos, ClickFunnels features its own online education platform dedicated to digital marketing. The platform is called FunnelFlix, and you can access it on both plans. Access is limited on the Basic plan, though. The Platinum plan grants you access to all videos.
Further, ClickFunnels has an official channel on YouTube that’s full of useful tutorial videos. The third support channel is ClickFunnels’ Facebook group, which hosts over 200,000 members. All you need to do is drop a post/question, and you’re likely to receive an answer in a few minutes.
The fourth support channel is the ClickStart coaching program, which is something we’ve never really touched on up to this point. Basically, you’re assigned a coach that will assist you through five sessions. By the end of these sessions, you’ll be able to navigate ClickFunnels with ease.
As far as Unbounce, support is limited compared to ClickFunnels. In fact, Unbounce’s support is limited to business hours only. Unbounce provides support from 1 AM to 8 PM PST on business days. On weekends, support is limited to email, and it’s from 8 AM to 9 PM.
It’s worth mentioning that members of the Enterprise plan will be assigned a “Customer Success Manager.” We’re not exactly sure what that’s all about. All in all, it’s quite obvious which platform is the winner when it comes to customer support. ClickFunnels takes this round by storm.
Alright, so based on what we’ve learned about Unbounce and ClickFunnels, it seems that both platforms are highly capable at what they do. But let’s not forget that both platforms do different things. One is a dedicated page builder, whereas the other is a full-fledged marketing solution.
ClickFunnels is an outstanding choice for an agency or a professional marketer that’s looking to devise a complete marketing strategy, whereas Unbounce is ideal for PPC marketers. You must also take into consideration that ClickFunnels is the more affordable option between the two.