Establishing an efficacious marketing strategy is one of the most critical aspects of kickstarting a new business idea. Luckily, the assortment of online marketing tools available today to build funnels has made it profusely easier for aspiring entrepreneurs to utilize premium marketing strategies at a low cost.
However, with the abundance of internet marketing tools these days, it can be quite tricky for a lot of small enterprises and aspiring entrepreneurs to pinpoint the ideal online marketing service, from ClickFunnels and Builderall to Kartra and ClickMagick, which is the superior platform?
We’ve already witnessed the Builderall vs. ClickFunnels fisticuffs, which ended with ClickFunnels stepping out of the arena as the victor, but now it’s time to witness yet another skirmish between ClickFunnels and a whole new challenger. Ladies and gents, prepare for Kartra vs. ClickFunnels!
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Short Answer
The major difference between Kartra and ClickFunnels is that the former is an all-in-one marketing tool that features a ton of useful in-built features, whereas the latter is generally a sales funnel builder. ClickFunnels is the cheaper option on a monthly package, whereas Kartra is cheaper on a yearly package.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Comparison Table
|ClickFunnels is ideal for businesses that want to create and launch sales pages easily.
|Kartra is also used to create and launch sales pages, but it has a few tricks of its own.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Overviews
Before we get into the nitty-gritty, it’s only right that we introduce both platforms, explain exactly how they work, and then go over their most notable features. Let’s start with ClickFunnels.
Overview of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels was established by Russel Brunson as a means of simplifying the process of sales funnel creation so that users can make money easily and more quickly. Using ClickFunnels, you can build your own professional website without any experience with HTML or coding.
Not only does ClickFunnels help users create their dream websites in a matter of mere minutes, but it also helps guide visitors down the sales funnels that users create. At the end of your sales funnel, you can expect visitors to be converted into paying customers with your eyes closed.
Most Notable Features:
- Pre-Made Templates and Funnels – Equipped with a superb assortment of pre-defined templates and funnels, ClickFunnels offers users the ability to create their own sites and sales funnels with ease. You can also build templates and funnels from scratch.
- Backpack Affiliate Programme – Using ClickFunnels, you can set up and manage your own affiliate programs with ease considering the broad number of tools you have at your disposal. Affiliates will help promote your services and sell your products.
- Intuitive Drag and Drop Editor – ClickFunnels features an intuitive drag and drop editor that you can use to customize the pages of your sales funnels to your liking. It offers you the ability to customize every single element in your web pages with ease.
- Actionetics Email Marketing – Actionetics is ClickFunnels’ email marketing solution. It’s only accessed by subscribing to ClickFunnels’ top-tier plan, Etison Suite. ClickFunnels is also compatible with email marketing services like MailChimp and AWeber.
- Membership Sites – ClickFunnels offers you the ability to create membership sites in an unbelievably short period of time, which will help you generate a recurring income. To be more specific, it will promote your website and have users sign up for memberships.
- eCommerce Services – Whether you’re selling physical or digital products, ClickFunnels can help you when it comes to promoting your services and selling your products. You’re also able to receive payments online. Further, you can easily integrate with ShipStation.
- Webinar Funnels – If you’re someone who’s looking to host webinars, you’ll find that the webinar funnels that ClickFunnels offers are extremely useful. You can use these funnels to host webinars for a service-based program or just product-related coaching webinars.
- Landing Page Integrations – This is one of the features that make ClickFunnels one of the most popular internet making tools available. Essentially, it can be integrated with an extensive array of third-party tools and services, from WordPress to Shopify.
- Online Courses – We’re all used to receiving emails that notify us of our online courses, but did you know that you can host and sell the same courses that you get notified about with the aid of Clickfunnels? As we said, ClickFunnels is all about making more money.
- Split Testing – Sometimes, it’s hard to figure out the designs that appeal to your visitors, but with the split-testing functionality that ClickFunnels offers, you’ll be able to split-test every single component of your sales funnels in order to find what works best for you.
- Analytics Function – ClickFunnels offers an analytics function that allows users to keep track of the performance of their sales funnels. The analytics function reveals everything from user behavior and page views to the exact number of conversions.
- Support and Documentation – ClickFunnels is equipped with an extensive knowledge base that’ll always be a reliable source of information and help. Further, you can submit support tickets in order to receive help from the ClickFunnels help team.
How Does ClickFunnels Work
We’ve already gone over how ClickFunnels works in our ClickFunnels review, but we’re going to try and sum it all up in three simple steps. The first step is basically the selection of a funnel that fits your business idea. You can either choose a pre-made funnel or create one from scratch.
It’s worth noting that the assortment of pre-defined templates and funnels that ClickFunnels has to offer are divided into various categories that suit various types of services and products. Also, we’d like to point out that these templates are created after immense research and analysis.
The second step involves incorporating a design for your page. You might be thinking that since ClickFunnels offers pre-made templates, you may end up with a web page design that looks just like that of another user, but that’s not the case at all. Your web pages will be totally unique.
ClickFunnels features a ton of page design options, and with the aid of the visual drag and drop editor, you’ll be able to adjust your designs to your liking so that every page you create is totally unique. It’s also worth noting that you won’t have to write a single code in the process.
The third and final step involves putting your website together and actually launching it. Despite how it sounds, this is actually the easiest step out of the three because all you really need to do is click a single button and ClickFunnels will take care of the rest. And now you have a funnel!
Overview of Kartra
Initiated by Andy Jenkins and Mike Filsaime of the famed Genesis Digital in April of 2018, Kartra existed primarily as an eCommerce tool that many marketers seemed to be very fond of. Kartra was later relaunched as an all-in-one SAAS solution designed for internet entrepreneurs.
Kartra is now a sales funnel creation tool, as well as an all-in-one marketing platform that boasts an impressive range of essential marketing tools. Some of the features that Kartra offers are, in fact, non-existent with a lot of its competitors. Definitely a formidable opponent for ClickFunnels.
Most Notable Features:
- DFY Templates – Using Kartra, you won’t have to hire a web designer to help you create your sales funnels, as Kartra is equipped with a ton of templates that you can simply pick from to build your sales funnels with ease and in a matter of minutes.
- Drag and Drop Builder – Just like the vast majority of online marketing tools, Kartra also comes with a drag and drop editor that you can use to design and alter the templates the way you want. The process is very easy, thanks to the variety of functionalities available.
- Email Automation Service – One of the attributes that set Kartra apart from other online marketing platforms is the abundance of automation. All of your emails will be automated using Kartra’s email automation function, allowing you to pay attention to other tasks.
- Easy Integration – The number of integrations that Kartra has to offer is nothing short of impressive. From PayPal, Authorize.net, and Stripe, to Zapier, Twilio, and Plivo, Kartra is going to help boost your conversion rates by improving your site’s usability.
- Flexible Shopping Carts – As we’ve already mentioned, Kartra was once geared mainly towards eCommerce, so it doesn’t really come as a surprise that it offers one of the most flexible shopping carts out there. You can do virtually anything with these shopping carts.
- Membership Sites – This is one of the features that Kartra shares with ClickFunnels. It’s possible for you to build membership portals with a bunch of different membership levels and subscription plans, which helps keep your visitors engaged and boost your income.
- Video Hosting – With ClickFunnels, you have to host your videos on video-sharing sites such as YouTube or Vimeo then embed it into your funnels. With Kartra, however, you’re able to host video files directly onto your site based on your plan’s bandwidth.
- Kartra Academy – This is a dedicated learning platform that allows Kartra users to learn everything they need to know about how to utilize Kartra in order to set up sales funnels properly. The platform also offers a ton of information about online marketing frameworks.
- Affiliate Program Management – Just like ClickFunnels, Kartra is also equipped with its very own affiliate program management system. The system allows you to integrate your affiliate sign-up process integrated into your page as well as build JV promotional pages.
- Split Testing – Kartra is also equipped with a flexible split-testing feature that users can use to test variations of their funnel’s and page’s designs in order to tweak them. Kartra also features 360-degree, real-time analytics connected to all aspects of your business.
- Helpdesk Tool – Kartra’s Helpdesk feature allows users to integrate a customer service hub that ensures customer satisfaction. It offers features such as a ticketing system, live agent chat system, and knowledge-base management system.
How Does Kartra Work
Like we’ve already mentioned, Kartra allows you to do pretty much everything that you can do with ClickFunnels, but the main difference between both platforms lies in the process itself. It’s also worth noting that Kartra is kind of slower than ClickFunnels in a lot of ways.
The best way to explain how both of these platforms go about accomplishing the same tasks is this: Kartra is goal-oriented, whereas ClickFunnels is task-oriented. Kartra grants you the ability to create web pages that are more marketable than the ones you can create with ClickFunnels.
How’s ClickFunnels task-oriented? Well, when you go about creating a sales funnel page using ClickFunnels, all you really have to do is launch the software and simply follow a number of the three steps that we’ve pointed out in the overview of ClickFunnels in order to build your funnel.
How’s Kartra goal-oriented? Unlike ClickFunnels, Kartra is all about helping you keep your eyes locked on what you’ll be able to achieve after you’ve built your sales funnel, rather than focusing on the process of creating sales funnels itself, hence it takes longer to build funnels with Kartra.
Kartra is quite unusual with the way it goes about creating sales funnels. For instance, the vast majority of sales funnels are concluded with a thank you page. With Kartra, however, you begin with the thank you page and then work your way up to the landing page.
ClickFunnels, on the other hand, doesn’t have the same steep learning curve that Kartra has. It does pretty much everything for you since both landing pages and thank you pages are already pre-defined for you. You just have to select the model that suits your business idea.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Pricing
Kartra and ClickFunnels are pretty close when it comes to pricing. As we’ve already mentioned, Kartra is the cheaper option on a yearly package, whereas ClickFunnels is cheaper on monthly packages. Fortunately, both platforms offer a bunch of different plans for various purposes.
ClickFunnels offers users two main plans: ClickFunnels Standard ($97/month) and Etison Suite ($297/month). Let’s take a look at what each one of these plans has to offer, shall we?
Standard Plan ($97/Month)
The standard plan from ClickFunnels is an ideal plan for a start-up. It offers the features needed to create smart funnels, including sales funnels, membership funnels, webinar funnels, and a lot more. This plan offers 20 funnels, 100 web pages, and up to 20,000 visitors per month.
What other things can you do with the standard ClickFunnels plan? Well, you can integrate your sales funnels with an email autoresponder service. You can also integrate shopping cart CRM’s. Who is this plan for? This is a plan that we recommend for beginner marketers and start-ups.
Etison Suite ($297/Month)
The Etison Suite plan grants you access to everything that ClickFunnels has to offer. In addition, you’ll be able to create unlimited pages, funnels, domains, and traffic. Not only that, but you also gain access to ClickFunnels’ own marketing solution, Actionetics, which we’ll discuss shortly.
Another thing that the Etison Suite provides is the Backpack affiliate program through which you can run smart affiliate programs within your funnels that, in turn, will help drive more traffic to your funnels. The program can also track your affiliate clicks, sales, and follow-up sequences.
While ClickFunnels offers only two main subscription plans, Kartra offers four different plans that range from $99/month and up to $499/month. Let’s check out what each plan has to offer.
Starter Plan ($99/Month)
The Kartra Starter plan is the first and smallest plan of the four. Just as the name implies, this is a plan that’s ideal for start-ups and beginners who are just getting started with funnels. While it’s not as rich as the other plans, the Starter plan offers enough functionalities to get you started.
Starter Plan Features:
- Up to 15,000 emails per month
- Up to 2,500 contacts
- Can host up to 100 pages
- Can create 2 membership sites
- Can sell up to 20 products
- 50GB video hosting bandwidth
- One custom domain is allowed
- 20 dynamic follow-up sequences
- 100 automation allowed
- Access to 2 Helpdesk portals
- Offers unlimited page visits
- $79/month if billed annually
Silver Plan ($199/Month)
The second pricing plan that Kartra has to offer is the Silver plan. This is an optimal pricing plan for businesses that are on the rise and that require more resources than what the Starter plan is offering. Amongst all four Karta pricing plans, the Silver plan is the most popular one.
Silver Plan Features:
- Up to 125,000 emails per month
- Can have up to 12,500 leads
- Can host an unlimited number of pages
- Can create an unlimited number of products
- Can sell an unlimited number of products
- Can create up to 3 custom domains
- 125GB video hosting bandwidth
- Offers unlimited Helpdesk portals
- Offers unlimited membership sites
- Offers unlimited marketing automation
- $149/month if billed annually
Gold Plan ($299/Month)
The Gold plan takes what the Silver plan has to offer a step forward, allowing you to manage a lot more tasks with ease. We recommend this pricing plan for veteran online entrepreneurs and established businesses.
Gold Plan Features:
- Up to 250,000 emails per month
- Can have up to 25,000 leads
- Can create an unlimited number of products
- Can sell an unlimited number of products
- Can have an unlimited number of pages
- Can have an unlimited number of page visits
- Can host an unlimited number of membership sites
- Can create up to 5 custom domains
- 200GB video hosting bandwidth
- Offers unlimited dynamic follow-up sequences
- Offers unlimited automation
- $229/month if billed annually
Platinum Plan ($499/Month)
The last Karta pricing plan (excluding the Kartra Enterprise plan which you need to get in touch with support in order to learn about it) is most ideal for larger businesses and corporations with a larger list of contacts and email sequences, and that require more domains.
Platinum Plan Features:
- Up to 500,000 emails per month
- Can have up to 50,000 leads
- Offers unlimited members area
- Offers unlimited pages and visits
- Offers unlimited dynamic follow-ups
- Offers unlimited Helpdesk portals
- 500GB video hosting bandwidth
- Can create up to 10 custom domains
- Plenty of other unlimited features
- $379/month if billed annually
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Sales Funnels
ClickFunnels grants users access to a wide range of customized funnels that can accommodate various business models. Using these funnels, you can easily sell products, capture leads, run a webinar, or promote a service. No matter what your business is, you’ll find a suitable funnel.
We’d also like to point out that launching a funnel with ClickFunnels is super easy. All there is to it is that you need to pick a funnel, add the desired number of pages, use the editor to tailor your pages, capture leads, add your products, split test the funnel. And then it’s time to launch.
Kartra, on the other hand, has been in cahoots with the prominent internet marketing consultant, Frank Kern, to provide users with their popular elite funnels.
Kartra’s Elite Funnels:
- Quick Launch Funnel – As you might have figured from the name, this is a funnel that’s designed to help you launch your product and profit from it as quickly as possible.
- Four-Day Cash Machine Funnel – Sounds promising, huh? Well, this is a custom-made funnel that helps users make money in only four days. This funnel is extremely popular.
- List Builder Funnel – Just as the name implies, this is a funnel that’s designed to create a long list of emails with the aid of a powerful yet simple campaign with a giveaway.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Email Marketing
ClickFunnels offers its very own email marketing platform, Actionetics, which you can access by subscribing to ClickFunnels’ top-tier pricing plan, the Etison Suite plan. Actionetics is a follow-up tool that helps users create, manage, schedule, and deliver emails with ease.
Actionetics isn’t just based on autoresponders, though. This is a tool that you can employ to turn visitors into paying customers. It all has to do with examining your customers’ actions when they deal with your sales funnels so that you can market to them accordingly.
Kartra’s email marketing service is nothing short of top-notch. You can easily design and launch email campaigns that help you drive more clicks and generate more sales. Kartra offers a bunch of different pre-designed templates that you can effectuate your email marketing strategy.
Moreover, Kartra provides a range of useful components that you can include with the aid of the drag and drop editor. Some of these components include countdown timers, testimonials, video thumbnails, content blocks, and many more. Kartra also offers email marketing automation.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Affiliate Management
When it comes to affiliate marketing, both platforms offer a great deal of potential. ClickFunnels offers users the option to receive commissions on their best-selling units. We’re not just talking about every sale you make. You actually earn recurring commissions on top of your sales.
How does ClickFunnels manage to help users earn recurring commissions? Well, it utilizes what they call ‘sticky cookies.’ The purpose of these cookies is to track visitors to their devices. When a visitor chooses to watch a webinar on their phone, the cookies ensure that you get paid.
How do you become a ClickFunnels affiliate? If you already have a ClickFunnels account, then you’re an affiliate by default. But if you don’t have a ClickFunnels account, you can become an affiliate very easily. To learn more about the ClickFunnels affiliate program, click here.
Okay, so what about Kartra? Simply put, Kartra pays its affiliates 40% for life on every recurring payment made by your referrals. However, your referrals need to remain Kartra members. We’d also like to point out that commissions get updated when referrals change their pricing plans.
With Kartra, you earn 10% of every sale and recurring payment that a member of your affiliates network makes. As far as the ClickFunnels Backpack Affiliate Program, you only gain access to it by subscribing to their Etison Suite pricing plan, which costs $297.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Membership Sites
While both platforms offer membership sites, there’s a pretty notable difference between the two when it comes to the way they appear. Utilizing CluckFunnels, you can easily embed videos that are hosted on video-sharing platforms. Further, ClickFunnels’ membership sites look very basic.
With Kartra, however, you don’t really need to host your videos on third-party platforms because Kartra features video hosting. Moreover, Kartra has a few other features that ClickFunnels lacks, such as member’s progress tracking and the completion badge feature.
Using Kartra, you can create several membership levels and keep track of leads with the aid of the integrated shopping cart feature. All of these functions can be integrated with ease using the drag and drop editor. It’s also worth noting that ClickFunnels isn’t efficient as far as deep linking.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Shopping Cart
ClickFunnels offers its users fully-customizable shopping carts and checkout pages. It can also be integrated with payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe. As we’ve already mentioned, however, the ClickFunnels affiliates option is available for users of the Etison Suite plan.
As far as customization, we feel that Kartra has ClickFunnles totally beat because it offers users fully-customizable product and sales pages, multi-step funnels, and much more. Kartra can also be integrated with PayPal, Stripe, and other payment gateways with ease.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Sign-Up Process
The sign-up process on ClickFunnels is super easy and doesn’t require much time to complete. New users are offered a 14-day free trial period that grants them access to the platform’s array of features. During this period, you’ll be able to decide whether ClickFunnels is for you or not.
How do you go about signing up for ClickFunnels? Firstly, you’ll need to click the ‘start your free trial’ button, and then you’ll have to select a payment plan. Next, you’ll need to fill out your name, email address, and billing info. Upon the conclusion of the trial period, your plan will be affected.
It’s also worth noting that there’s a big bonus to signing up with ClickFunnels, which is access to FunnelFlix. FunnelFlix is an educational platform that’s all about marketing and sales. This is an extremely useful bonus for beginners that don’t know how to get from point A to point B.
As far as Kartra, you also receive a 14-day trial period, but it’s not really free, you’ll have to pay $1 for it. For such an insignificant price, Kartra grants new users access to its impressive range of features during the 14-day trial period so that they can decide whether to continue or not.
Signing up for Kartra is quite similar to signing up for ClickFunnels. You’ll have to click the ‘get started’ button, fill out information such as your email address, and then choose one of the five payment plans that Kartra has to offer. Your billing details are filled after the trial period ends.
Does Kartra offer a sign-up bonus? Yes, it does! Kartra’s sign-up bonuses are their done-for-you campaigns. Frank Kern establishes most of these campaigns, and they’re pretty useful for helping beginners figure out the type of funnel that they need to create for their business.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Support & Documentation
ClickFunnels is equipped with a vast knowledge base that’s going to be of great help whenever you need assistance. Moreover, you have the ability to submit support tickets and get help from the ClickFunnels help team. Not to mention the Facebook and YouTube community channels.
Another thing that’s pretty cool about ClickFunnels when it comes to its support is that you can always press on that blue ‘get help’ icon at the bottom right corner of the screen to submit your questions. Keep in mind that the support is available from 9 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday.
The Kartra support team does a brilliant job of providing answers to frequently asked questions. You can also find a bunch of different articles that tackle various aspects of your account. Not to mention that you can connect with the community on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and such.
It’s also worth noting that Kartra features a helpdesk tool that allows you to integrate a customer service hub into your site without the need for third-party services. Some of the features that the hub offers include a ticketing system, live chat system, and knowledge-base management.
Kartra vs. ClickFunnels: Other Differences
Aside from the above-mentioned aspects that are present in both platforms, there are a number of other important factors that you should take into consideration, including the following:
1. Video Hosting
We’ve already touched on this previously, but we feel the need to stress that video content is the future of online marketing, and video hosting isn’t a feature that’s available in ClickFunnels. With Kartra, however, you can host videos with ease and add a number of other cool functions.
2. Calendar Service
It’s important to note that ClickFunnels lacks a calendar function, which means that if you opt for ClickFunnels, you’ll have to spend money on a third-party provider. Kartra, on the other hand, is equipped with a calendar function that you can integrate with other a bunch of functions.
Another thing you should keep in mind is that with Kartra, you gain access to every single tool that the platform has to offer no matter what your pricing plan is. The difference between each pricing plan and the other is simply quantity. That’s not the case with ClickFunnels, however.
With ClickFunnels, some features can only be accessed if you’re subscribed to the Etison Suite pricing plan, including their email marketing service, Actionetics. If you’re new to the vast world of sales funnels, then this is definitely something that you should take into consideration.
When it comes to integrations, ClickFunnels is definitely more superior than Kartra as it can be integrated with a wide range of auto-responders such as MailChimp, AWeber, Infusionsoft, and many more. With Kartra, however, it’s either Zapier or the platform’s automation system.
As far as popularity and reputation are concerned, ClickFunnels seems to be the more popular option, which doesn’t come as a surprise, considering it’s been around longer than Kartra. It’s a platform that gets a ton of referrals, and it’s the platform that most digital entrepreneurs go for.
Does that mean that Kartra isn’t as competent as ClickFunnels? We know by now that that’s not the case at all. In fact, some may argue that Kartra is the superior platform. However, Kartra is a relatively new platform, so it just needs a little time to establish its reputation, that’s all.
Popularity and reputation aside, it seems like Kartra has the upper hand over ClickFunnels, and a lot of people are starting to see that. That’s not saying that ClickFunnels isn’t a feasible option, it has been the elite online marketing platform for long, but we think Kartra is the new champion.
Which platform should you choose? Well, we strongly recommend you give both platforms a try since both of them offer a 14-day trial period. Kindly let us know whether you agree or disagree with us when it comes to Kartra, the winner of the Kartra vs. ClickFunnels rumble.