Since its rise to supremacy against the mighty ClickFunnels, Kartra has been looking to take on a new challenger in the Funnels industry. Today is the day Karta comes vis-à-vis with its long-awaited combatant. From the shadows steps forward, a seasoned warrior that’s up for the task. Enter Kajabi!
On a serious note, this comparison article is dedicated to dissecting the offerings of both Kajabi and Kartra so that we can decide which one of these two remarkable digital marketing platforms is the best. Grab a snack or a drink, get comfortable, and get ready for Kajabi vs. Karta.
Kartra vs Kajabi: Short Answer
If you don’t have time to read the entire article, you must know that Kajabi is an excellent choice if you’re in search of a top-notch membership platform. However, if you’re in search of a tool that can help you build your own funnels with ease, market your services or products, offer customer service, create areas for members, and automate your workflow, Karta remains unvanquished.
Kajabi vs Kartra: Comparison Table
|Kajabi is a favorable platform to use if you’re looking to build exclusive membership areas.
|Kartra is an all-in-one digital marketing tool that you can use to run an entire business.
Kajabi vs Kartra: Overview
Before we put these two monsters of digital marketing against one another, we first need to give you a brief idea of what both platforms are all about in case you’ve never heard of them before.
Overview of Kajabi
If this is your first time hearing about Kajabi, you’ve definitely been sleeping under a rock. It’s an all-in-one marketing platform that was founded in 2010 by Kenny Reuter and Travis Rosser. The platform has always been a hit amongst experts who earn revenue from sharing and teaching.
It’s also worth noting that Kajabi was the most preferred Learning Management System at some point, beating challengers such as Teachable and Thinkific. With the aid of Kajabi, you’ll be able to create, host, and launch online courses without any need for a solid coding background.
Kajabi’s numbers are quite convincing. About 33 million customers have been served via Kajabi, and over $675 million transactions have been through the platform. You must also know that it’s a platform that’s equipped with a ton of high-converting templates that you can use in your favor.
Most Notable Features:
- eCommerce Platform: Using Kajabi, you can create your own eCommerce website on which you can list all of the products or services that you have to offer. The platform has an extensive library of fully-customizable themes for your convenience.
- Custom URL: All Kajabi websites receive a sample domain automatically, which is ideal for users who would like a quick start. However, if you want to utilize a custom domain in order to maximize your branding potential, you’ll be able to do that with Kajabi.
- Static Pages: Kajabi offers its users the ability to create as many static pages as they’d like. You can make use of this feature to create a Contact Us page or an About Us page for your platform with information that won’t change unless you change it yourself.
- Mobile-Friendly: It’s imperative for any online entrepreneur to make sure their platform is as mobile-friendly as possible since we live in a mobile-dominated time. All of Kajabi’s themes are compatible with mobile phones as well as computers and tablets.
- Video Hosting: Kajabi offers its users the ability to host, encode, and stream their video content using Wistia, and all your customers will be able to watch your video content from any device and at any time. The hosting bandwidth is unlimited for all pricing plans.
- Community Building: Using Kajabi, you can build a full-fledged community where you and your clients can actively interact and have interactive discussions. This is a perfect feature to make use of if you’re trying to build brand loyalty and establish trust.
- Integrated Blog: Kajabi allows you to integrate your personal blog with your website in order to add value to increase interactions and attract new subscribers. This is a feature that you can use to turn potential customers into paying customers by adding value.
- Downloads: You can easily add file downloads to every single one product with the aid of Kajabi. You can use this neat feature to add documents, images, audio files, and even presentations to your content so that your customers get the most value out of it.
- Drip Content: This feature allows you to increase retention by defining your content. In other words, your content will be distributed to users over time instead of granting users access to everything upfront. You can set categories or sub-categories for convenience.
- Pipeline Blueprints: Using Kajabi, you can create one-click marketing campaigns with preset templates that help maintain your campaigns, product launches, webinars, and a lot much more. These campaigns are fully automated for your convenience.
- Landing Page Generator: Using Kajabi’s landing page generator, you can establish an aesthetically pleasing landing within a matter of minutes. All you really need to do is pick the right template, customize it if you want, and attract people to your landing page.
- Email Broadcasts: This feature allows you to send emails to prospective customers as well as your current clientele so that you can establish a personal relationship with them. And the best thing about this feature is that you don’t need a third-party email provider.
- Custom Forms: With the aid of Kajabi, you can create forms that feature custom fields in order to gather visitor information with ease. This will help you get a better idea of the type of customers you’re dealing with, and it will help you target their needs directly.
Overview of Kartra
Kartra is yet another all-in-one digital marketing platform that was launched back in April of 2018 by Andy Jenkins and Mike Filsaime, founders of Genesis Digital. It originated as an eCommerce tool, but it was relaunched later on to be the all-in-one SAAS solution it is today.
Just like Kajabi, Kartra is a platform that you can use to build, market, and launch your business online without the need to hire someone to do all develop your site for you and without resorting to third-party tools. It offers all the features you need to kickstart a successful business.
Some of the key features that Kartra has to offer its users include a full-fledged email marketing service, web hosting, list creation, business management, and a ton of other neat additions. It’s vital to know that both Kartra and Kajabi are cloud-based, so internet connection is required.
Most Notable Features:
- DFY Templates: Being a platform that’s heavily geared towards creating effective sales funnels, Kartra offers its users the ability to build their very own sales funnels in a matter of minutes without the need for a web designer or any third-party tools.
- Drag & Drop Builder: Kartra offers its users the ability to design their own templates or alter the pre-defined templates that it offers with the aid of a visual drag a drop editor. The editor features a ton of functionalities that help make the process very easy.
- Flexible Shopping Carts: We’ve already stated that Kartra was once geared primarily towards the eCommerce business, so it makes sense that it offers what is arguably the most flexible shopping cart service out of all the digital marketing platforms out there.
- Email Automation Service: When it comes to email automation, Kartra is hands down the best provider. Thanks to the excellent automation service that the platform offers, all of your emails will be handled automatically, allowing you to invest your time elsewhere.
- Ease of Integration: Another shining feature that helps set Kartra apart from the rest of the pack is its impressive assortment of integrations. You can integrate your website with PayPal, Authorize.net, Zapier, Stripe, Twilio, and Plivo, just to name a few.
- Membership Sites: While this is a shining feature within Kajabi, Kartra also offers users the ability to create membership portals with various membership levels and subscription plans, helping you earn some extra income while keeping your visitors captivated.
- Affiliate Program Management: One of Kartra’s highlights is its own full-blown affiliate program management system, which allows you to integrate your desired affiliate signup process into your web pages. You can also use it to build JV promotional pages.
- Kartra Checkouts: Being a tool that’s heavily delved into eCommerce, Kartra provides users the ability to sell products online using excellent payment gateways that are suited for PayPal and credit card payments. It offers different methods for different price plans.
- Kartra Academy: Kartra offers its users the ability to learn all there is to know about the platform with the aid of their dedicated learning medium, Kartra Academy. To add, Kartra Academy provides plenty of useful information about online marketing frameworks.
- Video Hosting: Using Kartra, you’ll be able to host your video files directly onto the site without the need for a third-party host. However, your hosting bandwidth is limited by the pricing plan you’re subscribed to. We’ll go over Kartra’s plans in full detail shortly.
- Kartra Calendars: Google Calendar is integrated within Kartra, which means that you’ll be able to schedule individual sessions with your customers or clients. All your sessions will be organized within one integrated dashboard for your convenience.
- Helpdesk Tool: Excellent customer service is a crucial part of any successful business, and Kartra allows you to integrate a customer service hub into your site. It offers features such as a ticketing, live agent chat, and knowledge-base management system.
- Split Testing: Kartra features a flexible split-testing functionality that allows you to test multiple variations of your sales funnels and web page designs in order to find the most effective design. The platform also features real-time analytics for your convenience.
Kajabi vs Kartra: Pricing
Many of you reading this article probably know just how expensive Kartra is to utilize. We hate to break it to you, but Kajabi is even more expensive! This section will help break down all the pricing plans that both platforms have to offer.
- Basic Plan ($149/Month): Using Kajabi’s basic plan, you gain access to 3 products, 3 pipelines, 10,000 contacts, 1,000 active members, unlimited landing pages and emails, 1 website, and 1 administrative user. Recommended for beginner online entrepreneurs.
- Growth Plan ($199/Month): Kajabi’s Growth plan offers you 15 products, 15 pipelines, 25,000 contacts, 10,000 active members, unlimited landing pages and emails, 1 website, and 10 administrative users. Recommended for businesses on the rise.
- Pro Plan ($399/Month): The Pro plan is the most expensive Kajabi plan up to this point and it offers 100 products, 100 pipelines, 2,000,000 emails, 100,000 contracts, unlimited landing pages, 20,000 active members, 3 websites, and 25 admin users.
It’s important for you to know that some of Kajabi’s most prominent features aren’t offered in the Basic plan. You’ll be lacking automation and Kajabi’s affiliate program management. In addition, you won’t be able to remove Kajabi’s branding on your web pages.
Using Kajabi’s Growth or Pro plan, you’ll be able to access all of the above-mentioned features. There are, however, a couple of features that you can only access using the Pro plan, and they are the Experts Academy and Theme Editor. You get a 20% discount when billed annually.
- Starter Plan ($99/Month): Using Kartra’s Starter plan, you gain access to 2,500 leads, 1 custom domain, 15,000 emails, 50 GB bandwidth, 10 products, 100 web pages, and 2 membership sites. Highly recommended for beginner entrepreneurs.
- Silver Plan ($199/Month): Kartra’s Silver plan offers you up to 12,500 leads, 3 custom domains, 125,000 emails, 125 GB bandwidth, unlimited products, unlimited pages, and unlimited membership sites. Kartra’s most popular pricing plan.
- Gold Plan ($299/Month): With Kartra’s Gold plan, you gain access to 25,000 leads, 5 custom domains, 250,000 emails, 250 GB bandwidth, and unlimited membership sites, products, and pages. Highly recommended for established online businesses.
- Platinum Plan ($499/Month): Kartra’s top-tier plan, the Platinum plan, offers you up to 50,000 leads, 10 custom domains, 500,000 emails, 400 GB bandwidth, and an unlimited number of pages, products, and membership sites. It’s ideal for larger corporations.
It’s also worth pointing out that Kartra offers discounts on all of their plans if billed annually. You can save $240 if you bill the Starter plan annually, $600 if you bill the Silver plan annually, $840 if you bill the Gold plan annually, and $1440 if you bill the Platinum plan annually.
Another thing that’s worth pointing out is that no matter the pricing plan you’re on, you gain full access to all of Kartra’s features. The difference between Kartra’s pricing plans is merely in the numbers. The higher the pricing plan, the more the numbers increase.
Kartra vs Kajabi: Similarities
Being that they’re both all-in-one online digital platforms, it doesn’t come as a surprise that both Kajabi and Kartra have a lot of features in common. Let’s take a look at what these features are and try to figure out which is the best provider for each respective feature.
1. Drag and Drop Builder
Almost all all-in-one SAAS solutions feature drag & drop builders that allow you to create and customize your page designs, including Kajabi and Kartra. Kajabi’s drag and drop builder allows you to create any type of page to help with driving traffic to your courses.
Kartra’s drag and drop editor, on the other hand, allows you to build any type of page for almost all types of products and services. It’s not just limited to courses. If your primary goal is to attract more leads to your courses, Kajabi is the way to go. Apart from that, Kartra is the clear winner.
2. Membership Websites
The ability to create and host membership sites is one of the features that stand out the most in both platforms. While both providers are highly effective, and any of them would suffice, we can’t help but view Kajabi as the better provider for a good number of reasons.
Kajabi has a more sophisticated feel to it, and it seems more capable than Kartra. This shouldn’t come as a surprise since Kajabi has been around way longer than Kartra. Both platforms have a progress tracking bar that allows you to track the progress of your students/members.
However, Kajabi’s membership sites allow you to host your courses more easily than Kartra’s. In addition, Kajabi’s customization is much more convenient than Kartra’s. Furthermore, Kajabi has a comments section on each of your courses’ pages, helping to keep your community engaged.
3. Email Marketing Service
With Kajabi or Kartra, you won’t need a dedicated email marketing autoresponder anymore. The two platforms allow you to do anything that a dedicated autoresponder allows you to do, such as email sequences, broadcasts, email marketing campaigns, and things of that nature.
With Kartra, you can create an automated email campaign using the sequence builder. Adding a new email is as easy as clicking the “Add New Email” button, which you can find at the top of the screen. You can set the desired delay time and define triggers for adding or removing people.
The tagging feature that Kajabi offers allows for a smoother list management process. Using the feature, you can attach a tag to your subscribers based on things like the offers they bought, the lead magnets they signed up for, or even the courses they completed with you.
Kajabi has an automation function that allows you to add tags to your subscribers based on the triggers that you’ve defined. For instance, if a user purchases one of your products, you can add a tag and have the user removed from the sales campaign.
Kartra, on the other hand, is quite different from Kajabi as it has a lot more to offer, especially in its email sequence builder. For example, Kartra offers you the ability to delay sending emails by hourly increments, whereas with Kajabi, you can delay sending emails in days only.
Moreover, Kartra features the Split functionality that allows you to parallel paths in the sequence based on a host of conditions. This is a function that you can accomplish using Kajabi, but it will be hard to do and extremely time-consuming.
As far as the list management aspect, Kartra is very similar to Kajabi in the sense that it’s also equipped with a tagging feature. In addition to that, Kartra allows you to create various lists for various businesses, in case you’re using Kartra to run numerous businesses.
Kartra’s automation feature is also quite superior to that of Kajabi as it allows you to automate a lot more tasks than Kajabi’s. Last but not certainly least, Kartra allows its users to send SMSs to their subscribers. By integrating with services like Plivo and Twilio.
As far as which provider reigns supreme in terms of email marketing, we feel that Kartra has the upper hand. Using Kartra, you can design and launch email campaigns with ease. Moreover, it’s packed with a ton of pre-designed templates that you implement in your email marketing plan.
It’s also worth noting that Kartra’s drag and drop builder boasts a host of useful components that you can use to maximize the potential of your email marketing strategy, including things such as content blocks, countdown timers, video thumbnails, testimonials, and many more.
4. Sales Funnel Building
Using Kajabi, you can select from one of six different Pipeline Blueprints. The moment you click on one of these blueprints, Kajabi will automatically create all the components required to make your campaign come to life, with the ability to modify any of these components.
To give you an example, one of Kajabi’s Pipeline Blueprints is the Webinar blueprint. As soon as you select this blueprint, Kajabi will automatically begin creating elements such as a registration page, a confirmation page, reminders, and follow-up emails. It only takes a few seconds.
With Kartra, you’re going to find it harder to establish sales funnels since it lacks a visual funnel builder like Kajabi. Does that mean that you can’t create sales funnels with Kartra? You can, but it’ll take you longer to set everything up and piece things together.
Kartra has been working alongside one of the most noteworthy names in the internet marketing business, Frank Kern, in order to provide users with their highly popular pre-built campaigns and elite funnels. If this is the first time you hear about Kartra’s Elite Funnels, here’s a brief snippet.
Kartra’s Elite Funnels:
- Quick Launch Funnel: Kartra’s Quick Launch funnel is designed mainly to help users launch their businesses and earn a good profit from it as soon as possible.
- Four-Day Cash Machine Funnel: This is one of Kartra’s most popular pre-built funnels as it allows users to start earning a notable profit within only four days of using it.
- List Builder Funnel: Using Kartra’s List Builder funnel, you can easily create a long list of emails in no time. The funnel relies on a simple yet powerful giveaway campaign.
5. Automation Capacity
Automations are extremely important for all entrepreneurs because it allows them to invest their time creating more businesses and making more money. Without a reliable automation capacity, you’ll have to have your hands in just about everything to keep things running smoothly.
Luckily, both Kajabi and Kartra offer a remarkable automation capacity that can get a ton of tasks accomplished without you even having to be present. For that reason, we feel it’s a tie between both platforms. You can opt for either one if your main concern is automation.
6. Third-Party Integrations
Using Kajabi or Kartra, you’ll be able to integrate with a host of tracking and analytics solutions such as Facebook Pixel, Google Analytics, and many more. You can also integrate with popup solutions such as ConvertBox or scarcity tools such as Deadline Funnel.
As far as integrating with email marketing providers, Kajabi can be integrated with MailChimp, AWeber, ConvertKit, Active Campaign, and Drip. With Kartra, however, there is no integration with any third-party email marketing provider since the platform has its own solution.
Last but certainly not least, both Kajabi and Kartra feature a Zapier integration. This will allow you to integrate with just about any platform out there. We’ll have to side with Kartra since it’s equipped with its own email marketing solution, and you won’t need a third-party provider.
7. Affiliate Management
Another feature that Kajabi and Katra have in common is that they’re equipped with an affiliate management system. You can access Kartra’s affiliate management system no matter the plan you’re subscribed to. However, to enter Kajabi’s, you must be on the Pro plan.
Both platforms offer the needed tools for you to create and manage an affiliate program for your products. In a nutshell, you can invite affiliates, choose the products you’d like them to promote, create affiliate links, select a custom commission for your products, and send announcements.
Moreover, you have the ability to track the performance of each one of your affiliates with the aid of the administrative dashboard. Further, the admin dashboard allows you to export their payout reports, which makes it easier for you to send them their payments.
However, there are advanced affiliate management features that Kartra offers, which are missing from Kajabi, one of which is the ability to enable instant PayPal payments for affiliates. Also, you can set a minimum sales threshold that your affiliates need to exceed to receive payments.
In addition to the above-mentioned features, Kartra’s affiliate management system allows you to collect and manage tax forms like W8BEN or W9. This helps prevent the affiliates from receiving payments without filling the required tax form. With that being said, Kartra is the winner here.
Kajabi vs Kartra: Differences
Now that you have a pretty good idea of the features that both platforms have in common, let’s take a closer look at the features that help set these two platforms apart from one another.
1. Video Hosting
Kajabi offers users the ability to host videos on Wistia unlimitedly on any of Kajabi’s plans. With Kartra, on the other hand, you gain access to Kartra’s inbuilt video hosting plan. You also get to use videos from video-sharing platforms such as YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia.
However, you need to keep in mind that your hosting bandwidth with Kartra increases as you go with higher pricing plans. For instance, with the Starter plan, you get a bandwidth of 50 GB, but with the Silver plan, your bandwidth increases to 125 GB, and so on with the other two plans.
We also feel the need to point out that Kartra’s video hosting is a lot more convenient for digital marketing, as it’s equipped with a number of advanced features that Kajabi lacks. In conclusion, when it comes to video hosting, Kartra takes this round by storm.
2. Community Building
Community building is one of those aspects that Kajabi just excels in. Kajabi allows you to build your own community where you, as the course provider, and your students can actively interact with each other. Building a community helps establish brand loyalty and trust.
The great thing about the communities that you can establish with Kajabi is that people can’t get access unless they purchase the course that you’re providing. All in all, we have to give this one to Kajabi since Kartra doesn’t provide its users with this functionality.
3. Customer Service
Kartra’s Helpdesk feature allows you to integrate a customer service hub with your business so that you can satisfy your customers’ needs and provide the support they need without having to use a third-party service provider such as LiveAgent or Freshdesk.
Kartra’s Helpdesk offers functions such as a ticketing system, a knowledge base management system, and a live agent chat system. With the help of these features, you’ll be able to provide your customers with excellent customer service and support at various levels.
4. Course Assessment
This is a feature that’s included in Kajabi but not in Kartra. It allows you to create mini exams for your courses so that you can add value to your course and boost student engagement. It can be a multiple-choice quiz, multiple-option quiz, or a quiz that involves writing entire paragraphs.
5. Scheduling Calendar
Kartra features an inbuilt calendar function that allows you to easily set appointments with your customers. This comes in handy if you’re someone who does coaching or consulting. This is an extremely helpful tool to have because it allows customers to self-manage their appointments.
As we’ve already stated in the overview section of the article, Kajabi is an excellent platform for people who are looking for the most practical membership platform, as that’s probably the main aspect where Kajabi has Kartra beat. Aside from that, Kartra is the way to go.
Kartra grants its users the ability to build sales funnels, market their services and products, offer customer service, take appointments, and automate their workflow with ease. Let us know what you think. This Kajabi vs. Kartra match is officially over!