No matter what type of online business you’re trying to create, you need a landing page in order to convert cold visitors into users, members, or paying customers.
And in order to create landing pages, you’ll need a landing page builder, which there are too many of, so which to choose?
Depending on your brand, audience, and the type of product you’re promoting, your choice of a landing page tool will differ.
You may need a simple tool that focuses mainly on creating landing pages, or something with more oomph and options. That’s exactly what this article will touch on.
Instapage and ClickFunnels are capable platforms, but the former is just a landing page builder, whereas the latter is a full-fledged online marketing platform.
In this Instapage vs. ClickFunnels article, we’re going to compare these two powerful tools and find out which one reigns supreme.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Short Answer
If you’re looking for a robust landing page builder, Instapage is the way to go.
If you’re looking for something a little more simplistic and user-friendly, ClickFunnels is your best bet.
As far as building conversion-focused sales funnels, ClickFunnels is vastly superior to Instapage.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Comparison Table
|Instapage is a dedicated landing page builder that lets you design and host landing pages.||ClickFunnels is an all-inclusive marketing tool that’s capable of building pages and funnels.|
|Has a two-week free trial periodPowerful and super easy to usePlenty of collaboration featuresConversion-optimized templatesExcellent customization options||Offers a two-week free trial periodIntuitive drag-and-drop page editorNumerous pre-designed templatesOnboard A/B split-testing function Integrates with numerous services|
|Quite rigid when it comes to textCostly compared to other software||One of the costliest funnel buildersCustomer support isn’t all that great|
Overview of Instapage
Instapage is a platform that specializes in creating landing pages for promotional and marketing campaigns.
Not only does it enable you to create pages, but it also enables you to host and test them in order to pinpoint the designs that are more attractive and yield higher conversions.
Just like ClickFunnels, Instapage features a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to build pages from scratch with ease.
Instapage also boasts a group of free and paid page templates that you can customize and utilize right away if you don’t want to create landing pages from scratch.
No matter the type of landing page you’d like to design, Instapage allows you to design it.
From squeeze pages that allow you to collect email leads to thank-you pages that you can send your email traffic to.
You can add elements like buttons, images, videos, forms, timers, and more.
One of the unique features that Instapage offers is heatmap visualization, which is an advanced tracking feature that allows you to keep tabs on your visitors’ behavior and their interactions with your page.
This allows you to improve the placements of page elements for improved results.
Instapage is an excellent tool for individuals or businesses that are looking to promote services or products online.
It’ll allow you to improve the ROI you’re receiving from advertising platforms like Google Ads, Facebook, and more. Let’s check out some of the features it has to offer.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Similar to ClickFunnels, Instapage features a visual editor that enables you to build landing pages from scratch. It allows you to add various elements, including images, videos, buttons, forms, timers, social media links, and many more.
- Hundreds of Templates: Instapage features over 200 pre-designed templates that you can pick from and customize to your liking. Not only that, but it also allows you to import all types of templates. So no matter what type of template you need, you’ll find it.
- Heatmap Visualization: This is one of Instapage’s hallmark functions. It’s an advanced tracking function that enables you to keep tabs on the actions that your visitors make on your page, including their progress on each page, as well as the portions they click on.
- Numerous Integrations: Instapage features integrations for Zapier, Marketo, HubSpot, SalesForce, and more. It also features integrations for email marketing providers, plenty of CRM and e-commerce platforms, automation tools, different popups, and more.
- A/B Split Testing: A landing page builder without a split-testing functionality is as good as nothing. With the aid of Instapage’s A/B split-testing function, you’ll be able to split all elements within your page and optimize them accordingly to ensure high conversion.
- Collaboration Functions: Instapage is one of the best landing page builders for teams and big-scale entities, thanks to its built-in collaboration tool. Using this tool, you’ll find it easy to speed up the process of reviewing, approving, and launching your team’s pages.
- Instablocks: This is one of the features that set Instapage apart from comparable tools, as it allows you to construct landing pages at scale. Essentially, you can create and save custom blocks that you can reuse across other projects, which saves you a lot of time.
- Dynamic Text Replacement: Basically, this is a personalization feature that allows you to engage your audience with personalized content. It provides a personalized post-click experience for each and every ad. It also sends ads to relevant post-click pages only.
- AdMap: If you’re looking for a way to streamline Google Ads with the experience you’ve created with your landing page builder, Instapage’s AdMap is what you’re looking for. It’s a feature that will allow you to visualize and manage your landing page connections.
Overview of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing solution that needs no introduction. This platform isn’t only capable of creating landing pages, but it also creates full-fledged sales funnels, which is one of the best strategies to utilize if you’d like to increase your product’s or service’s sales.
ClickFunnels was launched in 2014 by the famous, self-made entrepreneur, Russell Brunson. It came about as a means of simplifying what was once a complicated and frustrating process. Of course, we’re talking about the process of combining multiple pages to create a sales funnel.
This platform allows you to create effective sales funnels from scratch with the aid of its intuitive drag-and-drop editor. Many landing page builders out there use visual editors, but ClickFunnels is the platform that revolutionized it, thanks to the extensive array of functions it has to offer.
Creating landing pages with ClickFunnels is as simple as dragging the elements you need from the editor’s dashboard and just dropping them onto your project to be rendered. ClickFunnels is capable of creating membership sites, managing affiliate programs, and performing upsells.
Considering it’s an all-inclusive marketing solution, ClickFunnels makes for an optimal choice for professional marketers and large-scale agencies. It enables you to devise a complete marketing plan under one roof. To make the most out of it, solid knowledge of digital marketing is needed.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: With its intuitive drag and drop editor, ClickFunnels allows users to establish sales funnels and landing pages by dragging and dropping needed elements from the dashboard. It also allows you to customize all elements on your page or funnel.
- Pre-Designed Templates: If you don’t want to bother with creating your own pages and sales funnels from scratch, you can select one of ClickFunnels’ numerous templates, and you’re ready to go. You can modify the pre-made templates to meet your needs as well.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: Actionetics is ClickFunnels’ own email autoresponder. It allows you to interact with your leads without having to integrate with third-party services like MailChimp. The feature is only available in the top-tier plan, ClickFunnels Platinum.
- Backpack Affiliate Program: ClickFunnels enables users to manage their own affiliate programs with ease. You’ll be able to recruit affiliates, have them promote the product or service your business is offering, and manage their payments from within the platform.
- eCommerce Service: Whether your business is offering a digital or a physical product, ClickFunnels allows you to promote and sell your product with ease. You can integrate it with payment processors for payments, as well as ShipStation for shipping purposes.
- Lots of Integrations: ClickFunnels can integrate with a superb range of services, from big-name email autoresponders like AWeber, MailChimp, and GetResponse, all the way to content management systems like WordPress and e-commerce platforms like Shopify.
- A/ Split-Testing Function: Utilizing ClickFunnels’ A/B split testing, you’ll be able to test all aspects of your landing pages, and sales funnel. This makes it easy for you to find the designs that achieve higher conversions, and that appeal to your audience the most.
- Membership Sites: Looking for a way to earn a considerable recurring income? You’re able to create membership sites with the aid of ClickFunnels’ membership funnels. You’ll be able to promote your exclusive content so that visitors sign up for memberships.
- Onboard Analytics: Not only does ClickFunnels enable you to test your funnels, but it also allows you to track their performance to ensure their success. This function displays useful info such as user behavior, page views, and even the number of conversions.
- Webinar Funnels: Amongst the various types of funnels that ClickFunnels can help you create, it enables you to create webinar funnels, be it for product-based or service-based webinars. ClickFunnels is also able to play your webinars on-demand automatically.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Pricing
Instapage has a 14-day free trial period, so you can give it a try before paying a single penny in order to figure out if it’s the right solution for you or not. However, you’ll need to enter your credit card details in order to be granted the free trial. The billing starts after the free trial ends.
If you’re not pleased with your experience with Instapage, you can always cancel. If everything is up to your expectations, you have two plans that you can pick from. The first is the Instapage Business plan, which costs $199/month billed monthly or $149/month billed annually.
We’d like to point out that if you choose to subscribe to Instapage on an annual basis, you’ll be required to issue an upfront payment of $1,788. This represents a 25% saving compared to the monthly basis payment route. The Business plan is excellent for individuals and agencies.
The second pricing plan that Instapage presents is the Enterprise package. This is a plan that’s completely tailored to your particular needs. The pricing of this plan isn’t fixed, like the Business plan. Basically, the pricing of the Enterprise plan reflects your configuration.
To set up an Enterprise plan with Instapage, you’ll need to call the sales team and discuss your requirements with them. Thereafter, your personalized Enterprise plan will be initiated. To learn about the difference between the Business plan and the Enterprise plan, click here.
Just like its competitor, ClickFunnels has a 14-day free trial that will help you discern whether or not the platform is suitable for you. You’ll also need to enter your credit card information in order to gain access to ClickFunnels’ free trial. You won’t be billed until the free trial is concluded.
Similarly to Instapage, ClickFunnels has two pricing options that you can pick from after ending your 14-day free trial period. The first option is ClickFunnels Basic, which costs $97/month. It’s going to offer you 20 funnels and 100 pages. You also get a max visitors limit of 20,000/month.
The second pricing plan is ClickFunnels’ top-tier plan, ClickFunnels Platinum. This plan features all of the tool’s hallmark functionalities, including Actionetics email marketing and the Backpack affiliate program, in addition to all of the Basic plan’s offerings. This package costs $297/month.
Unlike the Basic plan, the Platinum plan doesn’t place any limits on the number of sales funnels and landing pages that you can create. Also, you can attract as many visitors as you want each month. It’s an excellent package for professional marketers and big-scale organizations.
With the aid of Actionetics, you’ll be able to interact with your leads without paying for third-party email providers, which will save you a few bucks. Using the Backpack affiliate program, you’ll be able to manage affiliates and have them promote your services and products with ease.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Landing Pages
Marketing campaigns don’t really exist without landing pages. Both Instapage and ClickFunnels are both extremely capable when it comes to building landing pages, but which one is better? In short, both tools are sufficient in this area, but ClickFunnels offers a lot more features.
Instapage may not offer as many features as ClickFunnels, but it’s a tool that’s dedicated only to creating, publishing, and analyzing landing pages, which may give it the upper edge in this area. It boasts a robust and powerful drag-and-drop editor that’s dedicated to building landing pages.
Instapage offers well over 200 landing page templates that you can pick from and customize for your business. Further, it has a library of stock photos that you can use and a range of fonts that offer a great deal of aesthetic appeal. Not to mention the variety of elements you can add.
ClickFunnels, on the other hand, features a simplistic landing page builder that’s extremely easy to use. Note that we’ve used the word ‘simplistic’ rather than ‘robust’ and ‘powerful.’ Just like its competitor, it boasts a drag-and-drop interface that allows for easy page-element modification.
With ClickFunnels, you can implement a superb range of elements, from countdown timers and auto-playing videos to “Buy Now” and “Add to Cart” buttons. All of ClickFunnels’ pages are very responsive on mobile devices, so you won’t have to create separate pages for mobile traffic.
Okay, so which tool should you opt for when it comes to landing pages? If you’re looking for an extremely powerful landing page builder, Instapage is right up your alley. If you’re in search of a builder that’s simplistic and user-friendly, ClickFunnels’ page builder is your best bet.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Sales Funnels
When it comes to creating sales funnels, ClickFunnels is simply undisputed. It enables you to create full-fledged sales funnels that are highly optimized for conversions, including follow-ups and event reminders. The process doesn’t take more than a few clicks and a few minutes.
The awesome thing about ClickFunnels is that it can create funnels of all types, from webinars and product sales funnels to membership site funnels and so forth. It flaunts pre-made funnels that you can utilize right away. Simply select the objective, and the funnel will be built for you.
ClickFunnels does an excellent job of automating and taking care of everything on your behalf, except for processing payments, which is something that’s handled by integrations. It integrates with big-name payment processors such as Stripe, PayPal, InfusionSoft, ClickBank, and more.
As far as Instapage, you can utilize it as part of your sales funnel, but it doesn’t really possess the capabilities required to create full-blown funnels like ClickFunnels. For each operation, such as emailing your leads and processing payments, you’ll need to utilize an integration.
The bottom line is this: if you’re looking to build conversion-based sales funnels, ClickFunnels will offer you a great deal of convenience. But if you’re just looking to build landing pages for a PPC campaign or things of that nature, you should opt for Instapage’s powerful page builder.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Integrations
Despite the fact that Instapage allows you to create landing pages with ease, you’ll sometimes find yourself in need of additional services in order to maximize the potential of your pages. It’s all good, though, as it allows you to integrate with a wide range of third-party services.
Instapage features integrations for analytics, email marketing, live chats, automation, webinars, call tracking, and advertising. In addition, you can integrate your Instapage project with content management systems like WordPress as well as social media platforms such as Facebook.
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing solution, so you won’t need to integrate with a lot of services, especially if you’re subscribed to the ClickFunnels Platinum package, as it features an in-house email marketing solution and affiliate marketing program. Pretty cool, right?
But then again, not everyone is going to subscribe to the Platinum plan, which will result in the need to integrate with an email provider or a payment processor, for example. Luckily, when it comes to API integrations, ClickFunnels is a beast with its array of impressive integrations.
ClickFunnels allows you to integrate with services such as MailChimp, Active Campaign, Ever Webinar, GetResponse, GoToWebinar, Infusionsoft, ConvertKit, Constant Contact, Facebook, and most importantly, Zapier, amongst many other seemingly endless hosts of integrations.
Instapage vs. ClickFunnels: Split Testing
Both Instapage and ClickFunnels feature A/B split testing, so no matter which page builder you opt for, you’ll be able to test many aspects within your landing page in order to determine which yield grants you higher conversions. The function also offers you multiple variants to pick from.
Both platforms also feature onboard analytics, so you’ll be able to keep tabs on the performance of your landing page or sales funnel, depending on which platform you use, with ease. Based on the results offered by the analytics function, you can make adjustments to ensure better results.
At the end of the day, we’re quite fond of both Instapage and ClickFunnels. We recommend that you opt for Instapage if you’re looking for a robust landing page builder. And if you’re looking for a powerful sales funnel builder and all-in-one solution, ClickFunnels is right up your alley.