Nowadays, it’s impossible to realize a successful and lucrative business without a well-designed website that can establish your presence on the web and attract potential online customers. You can either hire a web developer to create your website for you, or you can simply do it yourself.
Thanks to the abundance of advanced website-building tools and sales funnels builders, the latter of the above-mentioned options has become the most convenient. Both ClickFunnels and WordPress are tools that help you build a respectable, well-designed website for your business, but they’re not at all similar.
ClickFunnels is an all-in-one digital marketing platform that focuses primarily on building funnels and landing pages, whereas WordPress is a tool that’s geared only towards website creation. In this ClickFunnels vs. WordPress article, you’ll find out which tool suits your needs the most.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Short Answer
If you’re looking for an all-in-one online marketing platform that can help you build sales funnels and landing pages without any hassles, ClickFunnels is your best bet. But if you’re in search of a platform that can help you build a website for your business, WordPress is the way to go.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Comparison Table
|ClickFunnels is an all-in-one platform that you can use to build funnels and landing pages.||WordPress is a website building tool that you can use to establish an online presence.|
|Offers a two-week free trial periodA host of pre-designed templatesNumerous third-party integrationsBuilt-in A/B split testing functionalityBuilt-in email and affiliate marketing||A relatively budget-friendly platformNumerous professional templatesReady search engine optimizationExtremely mobile-friendly websitesSimple backlinking and syndication|
|Cost-prohibitive for small businessesSubpar customer support for the price||Themes are updated too frequentlySome themes have generic coding|
Overview of ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is primarily a sales funnel and landing page builder. So if you’d like to increase the sales of your products or services, ClickFunnels can be of great help to you. ClickFunnels isn’t a website building tool like WordPress, but it can actually be used to establish a website.
The process of creating sales funnels isn’t easy, as it demands quite a lot of time and effort. The main advantage of using ClickFunnels is that it simplifies the process and enables you to create sales funnels with a few clicks. ClickFunnels is all about helping you make more money.
In order to build successful sales funnels using ClickFunnels, you have to be experienced in the field of digital marketing. You won’t need any coding or web design skills at all, thanks to the use of a visual drag-and-drop editor that allows you to create funnels and landing pages with ease.
ClickFunnels allows you to create sales funnels and landing pages from scratch or by using one of the many pre-designed templates that it has to offer. What’s more, it features a great range of integrations, and it can work in conjunction with paid ads to increase leads and conversions.
Most Notable Features:
- Drag and Drop Editor: Featuring an intuitive drag and drop editor, ClickFunnels allows users to create sales funnels and landing pages by dragging and dropping the elements needed in their project. It allows you to customize all elements on your page or funnel.
- Pre-Designed Templates: Don’t want to bother with designing your own landing pages and sales funnels from scratch? You can simply pick one of ClickFunnels’ templates and get to business right away. The templates can be customized to meet your needs.
- Actionetics Email Marketing: This is ClickFunnels’ in-house email marketing solution, and it spares you from having to integrate with third-party email providers. Keep in mind that this feature is only available on ClickFunnels’ top-tier plan, ClickFunnels Platinum.
- Backpack Affiliate Program: ClickFunnels enables you to set up and manage affiliate marketing programs with ease. To put it differently, you’ll be able to recruit affiliates and have them help you promote the products or services your business is offering.
- eCommerce Services: ClickFunnels is a tool that helps you promote and sell products with ease, whether these products are physical or digital. Not only that, but it allows you to receive payments online and integrate with the reliable shipping service, ShipStation.
- Tons of Integrations: ClickFunnels’ assortment of landing page integrations is nothing short of impressive. It features everything from email marketing integrations like AWeber and MailChimp to e-commerce tools like Shopify. It can even integrate with WordPress.
- Membership Sites: Using ClickFunnels, you’ll be able to create membership sites with no hassles whatsoever. This is a great way to earn a recurring income. This function will help you promote your content and have users sign up for memberships to access it.
- A/B Split Testing: ClickFunnels’ split-testing functionality allows you to split-test various aspects of your landing page, or sales funnel to find out which design yields better results and appeals more to your visitors. It also offers you various variants to pick from.
- Onboard Analytics Function: Keeping track of the performance of your landing pages and sales funnels are made easy with ClickFunnels’ in-house analytics functionality. It can reveal everything from page views and the number of conversions to user behavior.
- Webinar Funnels: With the aid of ClickFunnels’ webinar funnels, you’ll be able to host webinars with ease. These webinars can be service-based or product-based. Moreover, ClickFunnels’ webinar funnels can automatically run your webinars on-demand.
Overview of WordPress
If you’re looking for a platform that can help you build a well-designed website and establish an online presence for your business, WordPress is your best bet. As of 2020, WordPress powers 35% of the whole internet, including websites that have no CMS or custom-coded CMS.
With the aid of the WordPress builder, you can create all types of pages, from homepages and about us pages to blog and service pages. However, WordPress is incapable of forging funnels easily like ClickFunnels, so you can’t really count on one of the platforms to do the other’s job.
WordPress reaches its maximum potential when utilized in conjunction with organic traffic. Not to mention that WordPress is a much more superior platform than ClickFunnels when it comes to search engine optimization features. Similar to ClickFunnels, WordPress offers free trials.
It’s also worth noting that you can build sales funnels using WordPress, but the process will be extremely effort and time-consuming. It may even take you days just to build a functional sales funnel using WordPress. So it’s better to think of WordPress as just a website building tool.
Most Notable Features:
- Vast Plugin Market: WordPress flaunts an extensive plugin marketplace that provides plugins for just about everything. It features over 55,000 plugins that you can use, from shopping cart and SEO plugins to countdown bar and checkout system plugins.
- Extensive Theme Market: Not only does WordPress grant you a ton of plugins to pick from, but it also offers you the ability to select from an extensive range of themes. You’ll find themes for anything from blogs and affiliate sites to e-commerce stores.
- Built-In Blog: WordPress is arguably the best site building tool for bloggers. It enables you to build an email list, optimize the content for search engines, and much more. The themes also come equipped with built-in blogging capabilities for your convenience.
- Content Editor: With the aid of this platform’s powerful content editor, you’ll be able to add web pages or posts with a single click. It also allows you to edit all of the content on your pages. Sadly, it doesn’t feature a drag-and-drop editor like ClickFunnels does.
- Image Editing: As you’re creating the next page or blog post on your WordPress site, you’ll have the ability to edit the image content with ease. You can resize or crop them, change the alt text, add a caption, and more with just a few simple clicks.
- Numerous Integrations: WordPress flaunts big-name integrations such as MailChimp, Google Analytics, YoastSEO, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and more. However, compared to ClickFunnels’ superb host of integrations, WordPress seems to be a bit lacking.
- Use WordPress in Your Language: If you prefer to build websites and create content in a language other than English, you’re in luck, as WordPress is available in more than 70 languages. This is highly beneficial for those who don’t know English fluently.
- Easy Installations and Upgrades: Numerous web hosts flaunt one-click installers for WordPress, allowing you to install WordPress with ease. You can use an FTP program as well. Create a database, upload WordPress with the aid of FPS, and then install it.
- Supportive Community: WordPress is the most popular open-source CMS today, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that it boasts an engaging and supportive community. From the support forums and WordCamp to the extensive assortment of tutorials available.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Pricing Plans
ClickFunnels has a 14-day free trial period and offers a couple of paid options to pick from. The first option is the ClickFunnels Basic plan, which costs $97/month and allows you to create just over 100 web pages, garner up to 20,000 visitors/month, and build up to 20 sales funnels.
The second paid option is ClickFunnels Platinum, formerly known as the Etison Suite plan. It’s priced at $297/month, and it grants you access to ClickFunnels’ premium features. This includes Backpack Affiliate Program and Actionetics Email Marketing. That’s not all this plan has to offer!
With the ClickFunnels Platinum plan, you’ll be able to create an unlimited number of funnels and landing pages. Further, there isn’t a monthly limit on the number of visitors you can garner. Also, with the aid of Actionetics, you won’t have to resort to third-party email providers like MailChimp.
Backpack Affiliate Program, as the name implies, allows you to establish and manage your own affiliate program, saving you a great deal of time and money that you’d have otherwise spent on third-party tools. The Platinum plan is an ideal choice for agencies and professional marketers.
WordPress flaunts five pricing options. The first option is the WordPress Blogger plan, which is entirely free. As the name implies, this is a great package for bloggers. But as you may have guessed, you can’t really rely on this pricing plan to run an average online business.
The second option is the WordPress Personal Plan costs only $4/month if billed annually. This plan grants you custom domain, live chat support, and access to email. The third pricing plan is the Premium plan, which costs $8/month billed annually, and it’s the most popular pricing plan.
The fourth pricing plan that WordPress offers is the Business plan, which costs $25/month billed yearly. This plan offers you custom plugins and themes, 24/7 live chat, and 200 GB storage. We advise this plan for small businesses as it strikes a great balance between cost and practicality.
The final plan that WordPress has to offer is the eCommerce plan, which costs $45/month billed annually. This plan is designed primarily for online stores. The eCommerce plan is fairly flexible, so you should expect it to not only power your entire online business, but also grow with it.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Funnel Building
ClickFunnels is extremely easy to use. All you have to do is sign up for the 14-day free trial and insert your credit card details to sign up for one of its two primary plans. Keep in mind that your credit card will only be charged after the trial period is finished, so no worries there.
After signing up for ClickFunnels, you’ll be redirected to the ClickFunnels dashboard, where you can start building landing pages and funnels. But before you can do that, you have to configure some settings like payment gateways, email provider integration, domains, and more.
After you’re done configuring your settings, you can use the ClickFunnels cookbook to build the sales funnel you need. The cookbook features a remarkable selection of pre-made funnels and templates that you can use straight away without having to create anything yourself.
In the cookbook, all you have to do is select the industry, type of funnel, and the goals you’d like to achieve with the funnel. Then, ClickFunnels will present you with a bunch of landing pages to pick from. Some of the templates will be free, whereas others will come at a cost.
The awesome thing about ClickFunnels is that it allows you to preview the templates before you actually buy it so that you can see whether it’s suitable for your funnel or not. From there, all you need to do is configure the settings of your sales funnel and edit with the aid of the dashboard.
The ClickFunnels dashboard is rich with various tools that you can use to customize your funnel with ease, including the drag-and-drop editor, analytics reporting, email automation, etc. Thanks to ClickFunnels’ intuitive editor, the process of customizing your funnels is easy as it can be.
All you have to do is drag the elements you need from the editor and drop it in your project. You can find numerous elements, including content blocks, social media sharing buttons, forms, and many more. Now that you’re done creating your funnel, all you have to do now is publish it.
In the ClickFunnels dashboard, you’ll find plenty of publishing options, including the WordPress plugin, social media publishing, and the ability to embed your funnels on websites using codes. Just select the option you want, and then your funnel will be live and ready to make you money.
Creating sales funnels with the aid of WordPress isn’t as easy as it is with ClickFunnels. Unlike ClickFunnels, WordPress doesn’t feature pre-designed funnel templates that you can use right away. In other words, you’ll need to create every single page inside the funnel by yourself.
Building a sales funnel using ClickFunnels won’t take more than mere minutes, but building one with WordPress might take you a couple of days. Another problem that you may encounter with WordPress when trying to create sales funnels is page indexing, as it’s an SEO-friendly tool.
Why is that a problem? Well, what if you don’t want all of the pages that compose your funnel to be indexed? You’ll have to remove these pages from your site index so that they don’t pop up in Google searches. Thereafter, you’ll have to link the pages together to get your funnel running.
Like we’ve just mentioned, building your first few funnels with WordPress will take days, but the more you familiarize yourself with the process, you’ll be able to build funnels in less time. But in the end, ClickFunnels is a more superior and easier tool to use for creating sales funnels.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Website Building
Just like building a sales funnel with WordPress is quite complicated, building a website with the aid of ClickFunnels is also challenging. In order to do so, you’ll have to pick a custom funnel, the template of your choice, and you’ll have to modify everything to look like a page within a site.
To put it differently, ClickFunnels provides pre-designed templates for sales funnels and landing pages, but it doesn’t offer templates for web pages such as home pages or about us pages. You have to select a sales template, delete everything within it, and reconstruct it to look like a page.
Unlike with WordPress, where you can pick a template, and all of the needed pages will be ready for you, ClickFunnels’ templates are of no use when it comes to website building. You’ll have to use the editor to add all of the needed elements and create your entire website from scratch.
We’d also like to point out that the drag and drop editor within ClickFunnels isn’t really designed for creating websites, which means that you’ll have a hard time using it as a means of creating a website for your business. We highly recommend using ClickFunnels for building funnels only.
Considering it’s a website builder first and foremost, creating a website with WordPress is super simple, thanks to the platform’s incorporation of several themes that you can choose from. You’ll need zero coding experience or design skills to establish a website with WordPress.
Further, WordPress is backed by an extensive marketplace of plugins that you can use to make things go smoother. Of course, some of these plugins are free, whereas others aren’t. Based on how extensive you’d like your website to be, the process can either be easier or trickier.
WordPress is extremely easy to use. But then again, it all boils down to that which you’re trying to achieve. For instance, if you want to build a basic website that can help you generate leads, you can simply use one of the free themes provided and integrate with a hosting provider.
Please note that WordPress doesn’t offer a hosting service, whereas ClickFunnels does. All in all, you’ll find WordPress to be a pretty easy platform to use as soon as you figure out how you can use it to build sites, which shouldn’t be hard considering the excellent support available.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Social Sharing
Both of the platforms we’re comparing today boast excellent social sharing features. After all, social media is a gigantic entity that must be utilized to ensure the success of a business. You can embed social media sharing options into your WordPress website with ease.
The vast majority of the premium themes that WordPress offers feature social media sharing tools that enable your content to reach a wider audience. With the free themes, you’ll have to resort to additional plugins. This sort of discrepancy isn’t present with ClickFunnels.
With ClickFunnels, you can easily share your funnels on just about all social media platforms. Not only that, but ClickFunnels also allows you to embed social media buttons into your funnel pages, which will help you garner more leads and increase your conversion rate significantly.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: SEO
When it comes to search engine optimization options, both platforms offer a great deal of value, but in short, WordPress is the more superior option. ClickFunnels enables you to configure SEO metadata, and that’s about it, which is quite limited compared to the offerings of WordPress.
WordPress features the Yoast SEO plugin, which is a pretty comprehensive SEO-based toolset that anyone with basic knowledge of SEO can use. Using Yoast SEO, you’ll be able to contrive the best SEO practices. It also allows you to add meta tags, meta titles, and meta descriptions.
ClickFunnels vs. WordPress: Support
Both ClickFunnels and WordPress offer reliable support for the most part. With WordPress, you can always submit your questions on WordPress forums and wait until someone replies. Most of the time, the real problem lies in detecting what the problem is in the first place.
If you seem to share the same problem that other WordPress users have encountered, you can simply browse the WordPress support forums in order to find the solution to your problems. Trial and error is usually a big part of trying to solve a problem on WordPress-based websites.
While ClickFunnels’ support isn’t the best amongst all-in-one digital marketing solutions, we can safely say that it’s better than WordPress. ClickFunnels boasts a messaging feature that allows you to get in contact with the support team and seek their professional help directly.
Not only that, but ClickFunnels is also backed by a massive Facebook group that’s super active. You can simply post your questions in the group, and you’ll receive help in no time. ClickFunnels’ official support isn’t 24/7, though. It’s available from Monday to Friday, from 9 AM to 5 PM EST.
In conclusion, ClickFunnels and WordPress are both excellent platforms at what they do. If you want to build sales funnels and landing pages with ease, ClickFunnels is the way to go. If you’d like to create a website for your business, WordPress will allow you to do it in no time.